Student Research Support Fund
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) Student Research Support Fund (SRSF) is designed to provide students with a source of funds to support limited-scope student-driven research and creative scholarship. The College is considered the sponsor for the research insofar as funding is provided by the College. Funds should only be used to support the purchase of unique research items that are needed for completion of the project, and not already available at Burrell College.
Highlights of the SRSF:
- The Student Research Support Fund provides up to $500 to eligible medical students in support of research and creative scholarship.
- The program is open to all medical students in good academic standing.
- The research must be performed under the guidance of a Content Advisor and Fund Advisor.
- The proposed study must not be supplemental to an existing or ongoing research study that is conducted by the Content Advisor or Fund Advisor.
- The fund is not a monetary award to the student. Funds can only be used for items requested in the application.
Applications are accepted from October to April of each year and will be reviewed in the order received by the Research Advisory Council . Awards will be contingent on available funds. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Required Application Documents:
- Application form
- Project description (600-word limit)
- Itemized project budget and justification
- Quotes for requested items
Key Dates and Deadlines:
Proposals that are submitted by the deadline will be reviewed during the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Research Advisory Council. Proposals that are submitted after the monthly deadline will be reviewed during the subsequent RAC meeting. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants with reviewed proposals will be notified within seven (7) business days of the RAC meeting in which the project was reviewed.