Chair of Biomedical Science & Professor of Biomedical Science, Microbiology
Department: Biomedical Sciences
Postdoctoral Training. 1995 – 2003
Focus: Role of transcriptional regulators in pancreatic and Neural Development. Mentor: Dr. Ming-Jer Tsai, Department of Mol. & Cell. Biol., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Microbiology, December of 1995. 1990 – 1995
The University of Texas at Austin . Focus: transcriptional regulation of MMTV. Advisor: Dr. Jacquelin P. Dudley
Bachelor of Science (BS), Major: Biology (Molecular option), December 1988. 1986 – 1988
The University of Texas at Austin
Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts. Major: Biology. 1984 – 1986
- Development of a Reverse-Transcription Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification Assay ( LT-lamp) to detect arboviruses including Zika virus, West Nile virus, Chikungunya and Dengue viruses.
- Determination of the prevalence of MRSA acquisition in Medical School: A longitudinal Cohort Study
- Development of Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (qPCR) Multiplex to Detect Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus (HTLV) Types 1 and 2 and Human Cytomegalovirus (HCMV) Infection in Organ Transplant Donors
- The role of the basic Helix- Loop- helix factor, bHLHb4, in retinal development and maintenance.
- D.E. Bramblett, C.-L.L. Hsu, M. Lozano, K. Earnest, C. Fabritius, and J.P. Dudley (1995). A redundant nuclear protein-binding site contributes to negative regulation of the MMTV LTR. J. Virol. 69:7868-7876.
- D.E. Bramblett, J. Liu, M. Lozano, L. Xu, T. Wrona, and J.P. Dudley (1997).Mouse mammary tumor virus: a virus that exploits the immune system. Leukemia Apr; 11 Suppl 3:183-6
- J. Liu, D.E. Bramblett, Q. Zhu, M. Lozano, R. Kobayashi, S. Ross and J.P. Dudley (1997). The Matrix Attachment Region-Binding Protein SATB1 Participates in Negative regulation of Tissue-Specific Gene Expression. Molecular and Cellular Biology 17(9):5275-5287.
- D.E. Bramblett, H. –P. Huang, and M. -J. Tsai (2000). Pancreatic Islet Development In Advances in Pharmacology Vol. 47, (B.W. O’Malley, ed,) p255-315, Academic Press, San Diego
- D.E. Bramblett, N. G. Copeland, N. A. Jenkins and M. Tsai (2002).Bhlhb4: A bHLH transcriptional regulator in the pancreas and in the brain that marks the di-mesencephalic boundary Genomics, 79(3)402- 411. Link.
- D.E. Bramblett, M. E. Pennesi, S.M. Wu, M.J. Tsai (2004). The Transcription Factor Bhlhb4 Is Required for Rod Bipolar Cell Maturation. Neuron 43(6): 779-793. Link.
- Pang JJ, Gao F, Lem J, Bramblett DE, Paul DL, Wu SM. Direct rod input to cone BCs and direct cone input to rod BCs challenge the traditional view of mammalian BC circuitry. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. (2010) Jan 5; 107(1):395-400. Link.
- Bramblett D, McMahon K, Piskurich J, Simpson G (2011) Infective Endocarditis TBL. MedEdPORTAL (2011); Link.
- Bramblett D, Cynthia Perry, Heather Balsiger, Giannina Heredia. (2015) Enteric Bacteria and Gastric Viruses Laboratory (EBGV lab). MedEdPORTAL (Submitted on 7-9-2015 accepted for publication on 10-19-2015) Link.
- David L. Osborne, Sherri J. Howell, Debra E. Bramblett, Nancy Minugh-Purvis, Claire M. Galin, Richard H. Selinfreund, Hugo Vilchis, Robert J. Ketchum, and David W. Rodenbaugh (2016) Using Longitudinal Fabricated Patient Panels to Integrate Clinical and Basic Science Education in a Spiraled Preclinical Medical Curriculum. The FASEB Journal, 30 (1) supplement Published Online:1 Apr 2016 Abstract Number: 776.23