Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine is approved by the New Mexico State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training, a division of the Department of Veterans’ Services (NMSAA) for education and training of students eligible to receive VA educational benefits. Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine is proud to assist service members, veterans, and their families in accessing the education benefits they have earned through their years of service to our nation.
If you have served in the U.S. military, you may be eligible for participation in one or more of the GI Bill® education benefit programs administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. In addition, if you are the spouse or child of a deceased or disabled veteran or a service member, you may qualify for education benefits as well.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
VA Education Benefits Checklist
Follow the steps below to begin the process of determining eligibility for receiving VA educational benefits and to have enrollment certified with the DVA through Burrell College.
Printable checklist and information, click here
Apply online at www.Benefits.va.gov/gibill
- Application for Education Benefits – VA Form 22-1990 (Chapter 30, 33, 1606), OR
- Request for Change of Program or Place of Training – VA Form 22-1995 (Chapter 30, 33, 1606, 1607)
- Application for Family Member to use Transferred Benefits – VA Form 22-1990E) (Chapter 33)
- Dependents’ Application for VA Education Benefits – VA Form 22-5490 (Chapter 35), OR
- Dependents Request for Change of Program or Place of Training – VA Form 22-5495 (Chapter 35)
Once notified of the VA education benefits eligibility, sign and submit the following documentation to the School Certifying Official, Suite 101, or email legible documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BCOM Veteran Program Information Sheet
- BCOM Obligations and Responsibilities Form
- BCOM Veteran’s Attendance and Satisfactory Academic Progress Form
- VA Record of Previous Education and Training
- Veteran Certification of Eligibility
- Veteran’s copy of DD214 (Member 4) Certification of Release or Discharge from Active Duty