Class of 2025 Honor Code
In pursuit of codifying honorable action for the Class of 2025 we set forth these positive examples:
- Academic Integrity:
- I act with integrity and maintain a high standard of honesty and morality.
- I ensure that my work is authentic and report any dishonesty of my peers.
- I respect the instruction offered by Burrell’s faculty and staff.
- Personal Health:
- I seek to maintain a balance of my mind, body, and spirit by ensuring that no aspect of my health is ignored.
- I foster healthy habits and self-control, as I hope to someday be an example for my patients.
- I accept that should I find myself wrestling with chemical or behavioral dependency I will seek help so that I might thrive.
- I strive for long-term learning and growth and seek progress over perfection.
- I work diligently to maintain my knowledge as medicine grows and evolves.
- I accept reprimand with dignity, criticism with grace, and spite with forbearance.
- I appreciate that rigor and diligence do not promise comfort, and I will embrace challenges with the hope that I might make these same steps easier for those who come after me.
- I accept responsibility for my actions and seek to demonstrate real change if I find that I am in error.
- I abide by the expectations of the institutions where I work and learn.
- I reject those standards which create unfair or discriminatory barriers to participation in the greater community of medicine.
- I accept the burden of perception that comes with being a physician both in person and online and remember that my actions reflect on my profession.
- I do not discriminate based on any spurious delineation of race, gender, expression, belief, or lifestyle.
- I respect the decisions, boundaries, and privacy of my peers.
- I do not defame the character of my peers, faculty, or staff through word or action.
- I treat my peers with kindness, dignity, and empathy in recognition of the fact that not all struggles are obvious.
- I allow no individual to be isolated from the community.
- I commit to serving my community to the best of my abilities.
- I educate myself as to the barriers to compassionate and sufficient healthcare facing my community.
- I challenge myself to engage thoughtfully with my community. Only through active partnerships can I best be of service.
- I promote the well-being of my community by acting as best I can to prevent transmission of disease.
- I accept that I serve as a representative of my profession to the community and will serve in a way that is ethical and complies with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
I will adhere to all Burrell College policies and procedures, Student Handbook, Course Catalog, Title IX, and the AOA Code of Ethics
Student Honor Code Acknowledgment
I have reviewed the Class of 2025 Student Honor Code (“Code”). I understand that I am responsible for adhering to the expectations specified in the Code.
With my signature below, I confirm that I have read and understand all the information contained in the Code and that I agree to abide by all guidelines listed therein. I further confirm with my signature that I understand the consequences and action(s) that may be taken as a result of violating the Code.