Facilities and Equipment
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Department of Simulation has a well rooted relationship with both hospitals in Las Cruces. Through this relationship, the College’s Department of Simulation will provide in-house simulation scenarios in each hospital utilizing a high fidelity manikin to train their clinical staff in various scenarios.
The Department of Simulation also interacts with many entities in our community through training.
We conduct Interdisciplinary Simulations utilizing:
- NMSU Police
- NMSU Fire Response
- AMR Ambulance
- Dona Ana Community College EMS Program
- NMSU Nursing Students
Air Methods (Flight Nurses/Paramedics):
- Utilization of our Cadaver Lab
- Conduct Simulation Training for Flight Crews
- Conduct Advanced Cardiac Life Support Courses open to the public
- Conduct Pediatric Cardiac Life Support Courses open to the public
- Conduct BLS/CPR Courses to Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Staff & Faculty as well as to the public
National Accreditation of Healthcare Simulation Programs:
- Applying for full accreditation form the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)
- Accreditation planned for 2017
- 10 Standardized Patient Examination Rooms
- 7 High-Fidelity Simulation Rooms
- 1 OB Delivery and Pediatric Room
- Laerdal SimMan 3G
- Laerdal SimBaby
- Gaumard HAL
- Gaumard Susie
- Gaumard HAL Jr.
- Gaumard Victoria (Birthing)
- Megacode Kelly
- Laerdal TraumaMan
*All Simulations are High Fidelity and capable of reproducing all vital, heart/lung/bowel sounds, all pulses, eyes blink and react to light, drug recognition, produce tears and sweat, capnography and pulse oxymetry.
*Audio and video capture of all event/scenarios