Research Advisory Council
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Research Advisory Council
The Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Research Advisory Council (RAC) serves in an advisory capacity to the Director of the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs and the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Administration on matters related to research and creative scholarship. Specific duties of the RAC include but are not limited to:
- Advising the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs on development of policies and guidelines for the conduct of research at the College.
- Serving as a liaison between the Office of Research & Sponsored programs and the faculty Council and Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Research Community.
- Assisting and advising the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs and the Faculty Council and Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Research Community.
- Assisting the Office of Research with Review of intramural grant applications.
- Working with the Faculty Council Research Committee to provide oversight of student research and the annual student research day.
- Other duties/activities as appropriate.
If you have any questions please contact: email@example.com
Joseph N. Benoit, Ph.D. (Council Chair)
Assistant Dean for Research
Professor of Physiology & Pathology
Phone: (575) 674-2321
Adrienne Kania, D.O. (Term Expires: June 30, 2023)
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Division Chief of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Phone: (575) 674-2355
Pedro Del Corral, Ph.D., M.D. (Term Expires: June 30, 2025)
Associate Professor of Pathology
Phone: (575) 674-2324
Jon Jackson, Ph.D. (Term Expires: June 30, 2025)
Associate Professor, Anatomy & Cell Biology
Director of the Gross Anatomy Laboratories
Phone: (575) 674-2362
Walker Toohey, OMS II
OMS-I Representative (To Be Named)
Michael Frederich, M.D. (Term Expires: June 30, 2025)
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Family Medicine & Palliative Care
Phone: (575) 674-2357
H. Eduardo Velasco, Ph.D., M.D., M.S. (ex-officio)
Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs & Professor
Phone: (575) 674-2236
Kalli Martinez, M.S. (ex-officio)
Scientific Research Associate
BioScience Research Laboratory Manager
Phone: (575) 674-1761
Harald Stauss, M.D., Ph.D. (ex-officio)
Director of Student Research
Professor of Pharmacology
Norice Lee, MLIS (ex-officio)
Associate Professor of Medical Informatics in Biomedical Sciences
Director of Library
Jennifer E. Taylor (ex-officio)
Vice-President for Administration
Chief Financial Officer
Phone: (575) 674-2281
Director of Research Laboratories